Thursday 11 June 2009

Vintage Appliances

My final project in my second year was based around vintage appliances such as typewriters and old telephones. Inspiration for this project came from watching 'The Science of Sleep.' Primary sources came from Bradford's National Media Museum (they have an amazing collection of old recording cameras and televisions), Vintage Boutique in Leeds, and my own material.
With the photographs I took, I got them into Adobe Illustrator and used continuous line drawings to create a body of drawings to experiement with for final ideas for my collection.
I used a range of medias throughout the project including, screen printing, digital printing, dying, heat transfer printing and stitch. Some of these medias being new, I soon picked up skills which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Examples of my illustrations & final prints:






No comments: