Saturday 12 September 2009

Summer's been & Gone, Now I need to think... WORK!

With summer almost over and a project to start, I seriously had (up until just a few weeks ago) no inspiration to start any drawings for my first 3rd year project. With 3rd year being my final and most important year, I wanted to choose something that will keep me occupied up until Christmas and that I would love and enjoy seeing everyday!

Being stuck with ideas, and a deadline for my project proposal, I started to panic and simply didn't put down a theme and just stuck to the plan of 'everyday objects.'
With this all done and handed it, I started gathering some inspiration... finally! =]
So with inspiring ideas heading my way, and changing my theme, which means I actually have a title too!

Gypsy Treasures.

Not the everyday gypsies that you see, (in normal caravans with cars), but the old-fashioned traditional gypsies with the dome shaped roofed waggon caravans with wheels, usually pulled by a horse (Vanner).
I can't put my finger on it, to where this idea came about, most probably when I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean, and my friend calling pirates; Gypsies of the Sea, which I also find fascinating.


So there's my ideas laid out in the sand, so all I need to do now is to get on with it and start drawing. I have an appointment next week to go and photograph an old-fashioned waggon in York and other areas for primary research will be jewellery, lucky charms, coins, flowers (heather) etc...



Kate Moss in a fashion shoot not so long ago with the 'Gypsies.'
I love this image, the traditional caravan in the background and the natural colours and swirly patterns on the front of the waggon.
An inspirational image towards my own work.

No comments: