Wednesday 6 February 2013

Chinese New Year.....Fortune Cookies.

With Chinese New Year approaching & having just read Mollie Makes Magazine issue 22, I was feeling inspired to create the fortune cookies to send to one of my friends. (Sorry if your reading this in advance!..surprise!)
Having tried and failed to follow the step by step guide in the magazine I looked for a simpler way online and found a very quick and easy way of making little felt fortune cookies to send little messages!



Wonder Forest is an amazing blog which features style, design, crafts and life.
I happened to come across these cute and simple fortune cookies and just changed the colours and a few techniques along the way.



Click here to view the step by step tutorial on how to make the cookies.
Here's how I changed them..firstly I wanted fortune cookie colours, so I changed to brown/cashmere coloured felt, secondly instead of using the wire, I found it easier to use the same/similar coloured pipe cleaners cut to size and stuck down with a glue gun. Finally I hand wrote my messages...as I didn't have access to a printer. All in all they looked rather sweet.


Happy Chinese New Year folks, (for Sunday!) 
xoxo

No comments: